This wedding styled shoot was the product of a love affair with the 1954 musical Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and a bunch of awesome local vendors wanting to see rustic weddings done in a new way. It had been brewing in my mind for a long time, slowly over the course of about a year or so, but when I met Robin of Rhapsody in Blooms and found out she was a fan, too? It was ON.
The color scheme was pulled from the movie, bits of pale purples and blues mixed in with cream and greenery, and we chose the OUTSTANDING venue of Kellum Valley Farms as our backdrop. They have SO many amazing locations on the property. Wanting to add in some traditionally masculine elements as well for Adam and his brothers from the movie, we included a leatherbound guestbook and feathered quills.
Our real-life couple Leah & Gabby and their family were the crowning glory, for me. Not only are they adorable, ridiculously in love, and HILARIOUS to shoot with & be around, but they graciously allowed us to include their furbabies: Mini Me the dachshund & Dottie the piglet. <3
Thank you to all of the people who worked on this shoot. Thank you to my excellent vendors, thank you Gabby & Leah. Enjoy! 🙂
- Hair & Make-up: Susan Gramling, https://susangramling.com/
- Dress #1: RCB Fashion, https://www.rcbfashion.com/
- Dress #2: SimplyBridal
- Tux: Menguin, https://www.menguin.com
- Photography: YouAreRaven, https://youareraven.com
- Florals, Design, & Tablescapes: Rhapsody in Blooms, https://www.rhapsodyinblooms.
- Venue: The Ruins at Kellum Valley Farm, https://www.kellumvalleyfarm.
- Guestbook, Quills, & Chalkboard Sign: Blue Sky Papers, https://www.blueskypapers.com/